The 8 Point Plan
1) Play 2 shots into the court on EVERY point for 1 set
If you are serving, these two shots are the Serve (S) and the Serve plus one (S1)
If you are returning, these two shots are the Return of serve (R) and the Return of serve plus 1 (R1).
2) Plan each First Strike Sequence of two shots BEFORE the point begins and do so on EVERY point.
3) If the point goes beyond your first x2 shots, RESET after the second shot and try to play another x2 shots into the court.
4) Only think about technique in relation to directing the first two shots into specific areas. For example, no backswing on the return. Hit ‘HIGH’ and ‘DEEP’ to cage your opponent on R1.
5) If you miss the first or second shot, RESET between points and IMMEDIATELY refocus on the next two shot sequence that you are about to begin.
6) Look for the signs of surrender in your opponent.
7) Run the appropriate First Strike Sequence to win the Mini Battle.
8) Count the number of points you have won in a row. Carry them over from the previous game. Try to get x3 in a row (conversion) and then extend as far as possible.